St. John’s in the Wilderness is one of 34 parishes that comprise the Episcopal Diocese of Nevada, and Galilee is blessed to have this church at the center of its grounds. Services at St. John’s in the Wilderness are open to everyone and guests at Galilee are always welcome to attend; they are held every Sunday morning at 10am.
Built in Goldfield, Nevada in 1907, portions of the church were dismantled and moved more than 300 miles to Lake Tahoe in 1947. The original wood beams, pews and paneling were preserved and still serve in the church. The cornerstone of the Goldfield church was placed in the southeast corner of the reconstructed sanctuary, which was completed in 1948.