Hiring has closed for summer 2022. If you would like to find our more information, please email Program Director Maggie Rutherford at email@example.com.
As a counselor at Galilee, you will gain experience:
- Leading overnight backpacking trips, including cooking and camping as a group
- Leading groups in rock climbing and kayaking
- Working with others in a shared leadership model
- Reflecting upon and evaluating the program and your own experiences
- Living in an inclusive community and sharing in the creation of engaging worship
This is a great opportunity to learn more about being an effective leader and group member while enjoying summertime in Tahoe. After successful completion of our counselor training program, you will be assigned a week (or weeks) to help lead a group along with two others. Pay is a small stipend of $100-$150 per week, depending on age and experience. Small educational grants are available for those in college, universities, or trade schools.
Counselors must be at least 16 years old and have completed the 10th grade.
Once you have attended Counselor Training, you will no longer be eligible to attend an Adventure Session as a camper.
For questions or more information please contact Program Director Maggie Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 775 749-5546.
A Job Description for Counselors and Staff is available here.