Galilee Episcopal Camp and Retreat Center was founded in the tradition of giving. In 1920 Katherine B. Hill donated the original property at Stateline Nevada to Bishop Hunting and the Missionary District of Nevada for a clergy retreat and place for youth work connected with the Girls’ Friendly Society. Since then Galilee has provided life changing experiences for thousands of people, young and old. Galilee belongs to the thousands of guests and supporters who make it a sacred place of reflection and renewal.
Although Galilee is a ministry of the Episcopal Church, less than 10% of the camp’s budget is subsidized by the church. The direct daily costs of operating the camp are paid with guest and camper fees, however, the full cost of maintaining Galilee and providing its programs and services is much higher than the income generated by those fees. Donations make up the difference between fee income and the actual cost of stewardship. Donations provide the funds for capital improvements, major repairs, camperships and program support. It is only through the generous contributions of our guests, campers, and other friends who value our mission that we are able to continue providing the transformative experiences for which Galilee is renowned.
Please help us to continue to grow and prosper by making a gift to Galilee today.