Parmesan Dijon Chicken
|1/4 cup||Fresh parsley, minced|
|1 1/2 cups||Bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs, called Panko, work best here.)|
|3/4 cup||Shredded Parmesan cheese|
|6 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|3/4 cup||Unsalted butter, melted|
|6 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|6||Boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine parsley, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese in a shallow pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add garlic, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Turn heat to low, stir occasionally and allow to sit on heat for about 5 minutes. Do not boil. Transfer to a shallow pan.
- Pat chicken dry. One piece at a time, dip the chicken breasts into the butter and mustard mixture and then dip into bread crumb and cheese mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F and the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
This compliments mashed potatoes or other roasted vegetables very nicely (beets, carrots, potatoes, butternut or acorn squash).
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: about 48 large cookies
1 C unsalted butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
2 C all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 C oats
2 1/2 C chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or place parchment paper on a sheet pan.
Place butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium sized bowl. Use a paddle attachment for the stand mixer, or a wooden spoon for the medium sized bowl, and mix until the butter and sugars are uniform.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
Add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Add oats to mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
Use a small ice cream scoop or a spoon to portion out cookie dough onto sheet pan.
Bake for 16 minutes or until cookies are just starting to get golden brown on top. Rotate pans (from top to bottom shelf, and from front to back) halfway through baking. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way (if you can wait that long!)
If you like extra soft cookies, pull them out 2 minutes before you think they are finished.
Cranberry Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Follow the recipe above as written. Simply add 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon in with the flour, and 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries in with the chocolate chips.