We are Hiring for Positions in 2018!
If you have an appetite for adventure and want to make a difference in children’s lives, Galilee could be the place for you! Galilee is an Episcopal camp that offers a meaningful and adventurous program for youth ages 7 to 17. As a resident staff person at Galilee, you will take the lead in building a welcoming community where campers and counselors alike can grow and flourish. The camp is located right on the shore of Lake Tahoe, one of the most breathtaking sites of natural beauty in the world.
As a resident staff person at Galilee, you will:
• Lead overnight backpacking trips, including cooking and camping as a group
• Take groups rock climbing on a challenging natural crag
• Explore Lake Tahoe on kayaking adventures
• Work with other young adults in a shared leadership model
• Mentor high school – aged counselors and help them develop as leaders
• Sing, dance and lead improvisational theater
• Reflect on and evaluate the program and your own experiences
• Live in an inclusive community
As a resident staff person at Galilee, you will be an essential part of the summer program. You will have opportunities to contribute to the goals and themes of each session in addition to facilitating the day-to-day experiences of the groups. You will also attend a staff training, be a part of our counselor training program, and act as a role model for campers and counselors throughout the summer.
Resident Staff must be at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school. A year of college or work experience is preferred. Lifeguard certification is required. Galilee provides free lifeguard training May 29 – June 2. If already a certified waterfront lifeguard, you may arrive on June 3 to begin staff training on June 4. The summer camp season runs through August 4.
Compensation: $250 per week for 9 weeks plus full room and the best (mostly local and organic!) food around.
For questions or more information please contact Stuart Campbell at email@example.com or by calling 775-749-5546.